the bridal party

One of the most fun and exciting opportunities in life is celebrating your friend when she gets married.  We can't wait to help you style your bridal party!  Whether everyone is wearing the same bridesmaid's dress in the same color, or a mixture of colors, fabrics, and designs - we are here to help you bring your vision to life.  Don't hesitate to bring inspirational photos or your Pinterest board to your appointment. 


Bridesmaid's appointments are generally 90 minutes long.  You and your group will be in a large fitting suite together, and you'll have a personal stylist to help guide you through the process. 


time & money

We recommend buying your bridesmaid's dress 6-9 months prior to the wedding.  This ensures that the gown will be here with enough time for final alterations.  Gowns usually take 8 weeks to arrive, and dresses are ordered once all bridesmaid's from the party have been measured, and placed their deposit.  A deposit on a bridesmaid's dress is 60% of the total cost of the dress, and the remaining 40% will be due within 30 days of the gown arriving.  Shipping is always free on our special orders, and we do NOT charge for plus sizes.

our dresses

With a large, but edited collection of bridesmaid's and flowergirl's dresses, we're confident you'll find what you're looking for, at an affordable price.  Our sample sizes are on average between 10-16, and the price range is between $115-$275.  Our stylists are  professionally trained in formalwear measuring, which takes most of the guess work out of the process for you!

Image by Briana Autran

“Mara went above and beyond for us without thinking twice. They have top of the line customer service and it shows in everything they do."

Bethany Bryant  |  Wedding Date: 4/14/2018

Store Hours:

Tuesday & Wednesday 10-5

Thursday 10-7 

Friday 10-5

Saturday 9-4

Sunday: Private Bridal Appointments Only

Monday: Closed

Mara, Inc.

500 Kelly Street
Charles City, Iowa 50616


  • round
  • Facebook Black Round
  • Instagram Black Round

© 2020 by Mara.